Equestrian Travel Mall and Legal Services

Equestrian Travel Mall and Legal Services

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Horse People Are My Favorite Kind Of Folk

I can be standing in line at a coffee shop with a half-dozen strangers and spot a "My Rescue Horse Rocks" button on a woman's purse, and pretty soon we're sharing photos of our horses and chatting like we've known each other since kindergarten.

I think it's because if someone loves horses, then you can almost always bet that they're real, because horses are the best at figuring out the fakers in life, and their snorty mistrust will soon discourage them. You can bet a horse person is a hard worker, because anyone who mucks and grooms and throws feed and saddles and spends hours riding knows what it's like to sweat.

They're also usually generous and kind, because our horses teach us that by example. So when I hear about folks in the horse community who have suffered loss, it hits harder for me because I believe I could bounce back after losing my house to a disaster, but I'd be lost without my horses.

No comments: